This ‘Weave’ includes the words spoken from participants who attended the ‘Costa Rica Visionary Gathering’ Debrief Call:
Framing of the call: 2 things happened simultaneously:
- Something happened that we don’t want to happen again
- There was nothing to fix and everything happened that needed to happen – we experienced a rupture and repair
- Zero blame– I didn’t feel a container was set in the beginning – because we were excited
- I had confusion at the beginning of the week around expectations I didn’t know I had in terms of how the circle was set and who was holding the space
- There wasn’t full agreement around the container and it made things energetically messy
- Someone said hurtful things to another woman – the woman receiving the feedback was ‘cast out’ – there was a rupture
- When it became less about bigger picture – and became more about hurtful feedback – I felt very sad that the circle devolved into this type of conversation
- In the middle of the week, one woman left the circle and our indigenous sister arrived – I felt as though there were 2 different experiences in the first and second halves of the week
- Women not staying onsite – you’ll get outside energy from what they’re bringing in and out
- I felt the break when a woman who wasn’t integrated into the group yet, entered the circle
- We were not in N. America or the land or thought structures that we’re used to
- I feel there was resistance to one woman’s medicine
How women felt
- I felt shame that I didn’t speak up in the moment of rupture
- I felt guilt that I had a part in her not coming back
- I felt confusion and empathy, sorrow, love – when women expressed feeling un-safe
- I shut down and out of the circle when someone called out another woman
- It was not our intention to cause impact but I know we did cause impact
- I wouldn’t change anything except any harm done to the women who left
- When the cross talk started I didn’t speak up and I should have.
Women & gathering
- This unconscious way that women/circle have behaved for thousands of years
- How women have colluded in the power structures and persecuted each other
- Women make each other feel un-safe and called out
- Circles and women are really scarred from the last 2-3k years
- We need to partner with people who really get us.
- The creative process and the new reality that we are co-creating is not for every woman.
- There was enough connection to create a partnership but the partnership container couldn’t hold WisdomWomen
- What are the frameworks – how we do things in WW – so WW can work with other types of organizations in the future – it won’t grow if we can’t learn to do that
- We are called into this together to re-member – put ourselves and our circle back together.
- If a woman has the experience of being in WW circle a number of times, she knows she is in a group of women who can course-correct and process no matter what happens
- I was able to process and speak my mind and things were resolved
- For the women who left – I had hoped they could process with the group.
- When everyone commits to coming back, harm gets healed and circles continue to evolve.
- I have total faith that WW can process and move through things and that’s a beautiful thing
- It’s tricky to impose structure, principles – and we learned what happens when you don’t
- There is a culture that gets created in our community and assumptions of how we do community and of what healing is and what evolution and growth is
Compared to past gatherings
- At Tara Mandala – I did not have a sense of a lack of container – we didn’t have to move around – the space and the Tara’s were amazing – the alter was organic and ritualistic
- At TM – we did a lot of listening to the land. In CR – the land was opening us up to something and inviting us to discover things that we don’t know as N. Americans.
Blocks for women gathering
- An indigenous woman was supposed to be coming to us but there were blocks. There’s no good reason other than the financial, the old boys’ club. This has lit my fire. We’re just women trying to come together and share our gifts, and these blocks are heartbreaking.
- The indigenous woman felt there was an energy blocking her from coming when we weren’t gelling in the beginning (also blocks from the energetic and astral planes).
- Countries blocking media and connection to the outside world. What other women and wisdom are we shut off from, from outside forces, and there is no reason given?
- My son is seeing a side of me he hasn’t seen before – me waking up and getting involved
Notes for WisdomWomen
- In the future, ask women to name what they put on the altar
- Communicate when there is not alignment in a way that can hold the group better
- Explore – what were the small tears that created the bigger break?
- You might decrease the amount of people you have – need to decide what is important
- Introduce women before the gathering
- What is the WW way? How do we do things?
- Get to know each other well within WW, so that can we create a strong container
- I’ve been in other circles with strong containers that there is an agreed upon container that you can speak that ferociously to each other – but we also agree that we will repair it. It takes a long-term container to hold the ferocity of women coming together
- I healed and transformed – I enjoyed our time together – I learned from every experience
- I see the whole process as a really great learning experience – we are all leaders and we are all contributing to the learning
- I feel it was a success in the way we learned and grew as a group
- It was a week of nurturing, witnessing each other and how we are showing up, in the world and in our dreams. Powerful to be together in that place, connecting with indigenous women, the Earth, doing rituals